Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Early Halloweens

You all have most likely, at one point in time, seen a hearse. Either because you were just driving and happened to see one or you were in a funeral procession and it was leading it. But have you ever thought about what it would be like to drive one or be in one? Each time one comes in, I get chills. Let me tell you, first hand, it's really unnerving to get in those cars and drive them. I think, for myself at least, what makes it "eerie" is the fact that dead bodies have been in the car. I have always been extremely uncomfortable being around or seeing a dead body. I don't know why, I've just always been like that. I've seen dead bodies before. I saw one when I did a ride along back when I was a police explorer. But that is another story all together, I'll share it if people want me to. Now, if you work at a car wash and a hearse comes in, there are a number of things that a person can do. One thing is check inside the car to see if theres a casket. Two, just clean it regardless if a casket is in it or not. Or, just not clean it at all and let everyone else do it. That last one, not really the best idea because no one appreciates it when you do that. Personally, I do the first one almost every time. I guess I do it because its kind of suspenseful to see if there is going to be a body in the car. One time I checked, there actually was a casket. When I saw the casket my mind began to race with all kinds of thoughts. Was it an old person? An young person? Man, women? What did they die of? Old age? Murder? Disease? I wanted to know but I never asked. I wanted to know but at the same time I didn't. After all, curiosity killed the cat. hahaha. When the hearse with the casket came in, I was the lucky one that had to pull it into our "prep-bay." The driver even joked with me about the casket being in there. I cant remember what he said but I remember nervously laughing at it.

Hearses come to the car wash all year round. And all year round, I get all the those feelings I mentioned above. Each time they come. I'm sure some of you are saying to yourselves, that I probably was crying when I had to pull the hearse in with the casket but I am telling you truthfully that I was not. I was being very manly and just got in and pulled it into our prep-bay. No tears involved. It's just another car. It's just a car that has a dead person in it. I don't think I've had to pull a hearse or seen a hearse around halloween before. Even though I've been at the car wash for close to 2 years. So having a hearse come in around halloween....yeah. I kinda want to see a hearse come in with a bunch of halloween decorations on it. I just think that would be really interesting and really freaky to see.

1 comment:

  1. Good guidelines! Thanks a lot. I am in love with your blog really. American Carwash

    ReplyDelete